Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pomp and Circumstance


I don't think anyone can be a true beauty queen without riding in a parade or two during her reign. I'm no different, and had a really fun time sitting on top of a ridiculously expensive Porsche waving to the crowds during the annual Fur Rendezvous festival in Anchorage. I swear more people ogled the CAR... I know I would have.
A word to those entering floats in a parade. Keep in mind the people who will be on either side of you, you'll basically be hanging out with them for an hour or so. I got really lucky and sat behind a colorful, vibrant and very musical float. I "danced" to the music on top of my car to keep warm, a very good setup.
After the parade, I went to a local restaurant which sponsors my pageant and enjoyed a yummy meal and a hot toddy, after which a fellow patron loaned me his Moose Hat for a little Alaskan fun.
Note to readers: Wearing crowns and banners in public restaurants (as well as moose hats) is really not typical fare in Alaska, we're just a little loopy from coming out of hibernation.



No comments:

Post a Comment